Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Blog is MOVING

by Levi Russell

Over the past couple of months, I've been considering moving the Farmer Hayek blog to another platform. Blogger is a fine tool for getting started, but I think the interface has really fallen behind other sites. Thus, I've decided to move to Wix.

What does this mean?

First, all of our email subscribers will want to go to the new site and resubscribe. There is a form at the bottom of the new site to enter your email. Thanks for sticking with us! Once the DNS settings take effect (could be immediately after I move to the new page, could take up to 2 days) you can just type farmerhayek.com in your browser and subscribe on the new site.

All the old posts will still be here. I'm not going to migrate the old posts to the new platform, mainly because it's very very expensive. The only real difference, and it is a big one, is that the URLs of the old posts will change.

Instead of this:

farmerhayek.com/oldpost

it will be this:

farmerhayek.blogspot.com/oldpost

Not a huge difference, but it will probably break all the old links. Oh well.

I have manually entered and backdated the August 2017 posts on the new site so there is something there. The new platform is really great and I'm hopeful it will improve the quality of the content from here on out!

Here's a link to (what I think will be) the new URL for this post after the move: http://farmerhayek.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-blog-is-moving.html

No comments:

Post a Comment