Thursday, October 13, 2016

Some Alternative Views on the Recent Nobel

by Levi Russell

I enjoy talking about and linking to alternative, minority points of view in economics on this blog. Sometimes the views I talk about are genuinely only held by a minority, others are held by many but are under-emphasized or, in my mind slightly misunderstood.

In this case, I just want to link to some short (and one very long) posts I read about Hart and Holmstrom's Nobel. Certainly I'm happy to see the prize go to work on theory of the firm and contracts and I believe they are deserving of it. That said, here are some alternative perspectives you might not read in other outlets.

Pete Boettke has a rather long, but certainly interesting, post here.

Arnold Kling gives his thoughts in two posts here and here.

Finally, here's Peter Klein on the prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment